I have operated operate as an interim consultant for over 20 years via my own limited company.
Projects have included digital marketing, software delivery, infrastructure and technology transitions, web portals, organisational change, telecoms and IT services delivery, with a wide range of business, technical, and organisational requirements.
Extensive background of successful life cycle project delivery utilising Prince 2, ITIL, SDLC and Agile methodologies.
Management of multi discipline project teams, stakeholders and budgets.
Chartered status (CITP and CEng), MBCS, MIET, MIoD, and MCIM.
I started my career working on project management and delivery of 24/7 operational and business support systems. I moved into Sales and Marketing to gain more commercial and customer management skills. Returning to project and programme delivery, recent experience has been delivering challenging projects for diverse organisations in B2B and B2C environments. Sectors include housing, automotive, financial services, NHS, logistics, local government, IT, and telecommunications. Projects have include a range of technical, business and organisational change delivery areas.
I have been involved in specifying, buying, using, and supplying so can appreciate business, technological and user needs when change is implemented.
My key expertise is in helping clients deliver projects, programmes, business and systems change. Working with sponsors, project boards, partners and suppliers enabling all delivery teams to achieve business objectives. Delivering projects from scoping to fully operational status solution delivery.
I am both a Chartered Engineer (CEng) and Chartered IT Professional (CITP). I hold full membership of the Institute of Directors (MIoD), British Computer Society (MBCS), Chartered Institute of Marketing (MCIM), and Institute of Engineering and Technology (MIET).
- Programme and project management and planning
- Process, requirements and business analysis
- Stakeholder and user group engagement and communication
- Supplier and third party engagement and management and control
- Project life cycle governance, processes and controls (PRINCE2, Agile, ITIL, RUP, MSP)
- Management and control of financial budgets and tracking of benefits realisation
- Management of remote multi discipline project teams, offshore and onshore
- Mentoring project teams and personnel to improve effectiveness and achievability